Monday, April 18, 2011

Max on Life by Max Lucado

Max on Life by Max Lucado. Thomas Nelson Publishers: 2010

Lucado answers 172 questions from individuals who have written him over the years. The topics range from salvation to family matter to finances and end times. His answers are thorough but no more than one page each. Each answer is packed with scripture and could easily be a sermon starter for any pastor. The questions aren’t just for new believers. I’ve been in church my whole life and he answers several questions that came up in discussion between myself and another person recently. Neither of us had the answers to these questions, but here they are in Lucado’s book.

There are times I wish I could sit down with a knowledgeable pastor and pick his brain. This book is just that. If you ever wished to sit and just ask questions from someone who could also pin point the scriptures, then this book is for you. It is an easy read in a conversational tone. Once you start reading this book, it is hard to put it down. It’s like leaving really good conversation.

I give this book 5-stars and hope that Lucado will write a sequel in a few years because I am sure there are many more questions out there waiting to be asked of Max Lucado.

No comments: